NRTG Job Board
WordPress IT Technician
NRTG – We are hiring!
Position Title: WordPress IT Technician
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent, Remote
Salary Range: $28.00 – $34.00 Cdn per hour
25-30 hours per week
Benefits: To be determined
Natural Resources Training Group (NRTG) is a private training agency specializing in developing and delivering high-quality hands-on and in-demand natural resource-related training programs. As one of North America’s leading providers of natural resource training we have delivered our short, customized, and applied professional development programs to more than 22,000 industry professionals, organizations, and indigenous learners in communities in the United States and Canada.
NRTG conducts business the right way: we lead with empathy and kindness to create a safe and engaged work environment where employees feel valued and supported. These same attributes are extended to our students and clients who receive our world-class training and free lifetime access to training and career support.
About Your Role
The technician will be the main point of contact and work closely with the NRTG team to manage all aspects of our Learning Management System and website.
Duties of the technician will include, using WordPress:
- Adding, editing, and formatting website and online course content.
- Adding and scheduling courses via Event Espresso in our Learning Management System.
- Assisting students with issues accessing the Learning Management System.
- Managing student login accounts and adding, removing, and editing student records in our systems.
- Providing technical support to office staff with other edits to, or using of, the Learning Management System.
Skills and Attributes you will bring:
This position is intermediate level, requiring demonstrated:
- Experience with effective customer relations.
- Success as a team player.
- Success with assessing and resolving common website issues.
- Responsive design skills.
- Optimized coding skills and testing.
In addition, you will be able to show you are proficient with:
- Editing, administering, and managing website platforms, including WordPress, SquareSpace, Microsoft 365. Applicants with Event Espresso experience will be given priority.
- Web content writing, virtual platform communication, basic graphic production skills to create website graphics.
- Search Engine optimization (SEO) skills.
- Quality Assurance and Testing
- Managing multiple projects.
Further, you will also:
- Be interested in continual learning and staying updated on latest trends.
- Have excellent communication skills: the ability to write well, clearly and diplomatically.
- Be passionate about collaborating successfully and productively in a team with varying technical abilities without conflict.
Call For New Courses
Natural Resources Training Group (NRTG) is pleased to announce our first annual “Call for New Courses” proposal submission process.
Are you interested in developing and teaching professional development training programs to other industry professionals, communities, and international groups?
Come join our amazing group of professionals! For more information, and to learn more about the submission process, please contact Darren at email@example.com. Please no phone calls. Serious inquiries only.
NRTG Electrofishing Field Instructor
Please see full job description below. Please apply by sending a short message of interest, a current resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
The Natural Resources Training Group (NRTG) is recruiting Fisheries Field Instructor(s) to assist with our community-based training programs.
As a Fisheries Field Instructor, you will organize and teach NRTG’s field-based fisheries courses for specific clients or general admission courses based in communities throughout North America. This part-time, contract position may require travel and stay in various communities for the duration of our short (two-day) and longer (two to five week) training programs.
An ideal Fisheries Field Instructor candidate:
- Leadership and mentoring skills and abilities
- Specialized knowledge and experience conducting backpack electrofishing, fish and fish habitat inventory and restoration
- Experience and aptitude as a teacher, mentor, or community leader
- Passionate, patient, a ‘people person’
- A team player
- Able and willing to travel for course deliveries
This position is a part-time, seasonal contract opportunity that will fit into your other workload or employment. This rewarding position has strong potential for personal growth and expansion. Come work with our team, the most experienced natural resource trainers in North America!
Senior Biologist (Terrestrial / Aquatic)
Hello students, we have an exciting job opportunity in Campbell River, BC.
Please see full job description below.
Mainstream Biological Consulting is looking for an intermediate to senior level candidate for a permanent full-time position. In this role, the candidate will lead or participate in biophysical inventory and environmental assessments for a diverse range of projects.
We invite you to come join our diverse team of enthusiastic Environmental Professionals and live on beautiful Vancouver Island! The position requires the successful applicant to be based out of Campbell River, BC, and be available for short duration travel on Vancouver Island and the adjacent mainland coast.
This position includes a health and benefit package, paid sick days and a professional but fun working environment. If full time doesn’t work for you, get in touch with us anyway. We’re open to flexible working
arrangements that benefit everyone.
The ideal applicants will bring with them a broad skill set based in environmental consulting experience in coastal BC, with a focus on wildlife and terrestrial assessment or assessments in the aquatic
Duties will include but are not limited to:
Conducting biological and environmental assessments in terrestrial and aquatic environments.
- Managing field data and preparing technical reports.
- Preparing permit applications.
- Providing regulatory guidance for a broad range of development projects.
- Acting as a Senior Environmental Monitor providing expertise to guide fish / wildlife protection and salvage activities for construction projects.
- Mentoring junior staff
- Assisting with the preparation of project proposals.
Desired qualifications include:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (biology, ecology, resource management or environmental science), or comparable education and experience
- Minimum five years relevant experience
- Professional designation (RPBio preferred) and personal commitment to professional biological practice
- Experiencing with Riparian Areas Protection Regulation assessments, including RAPR training
- Wildlife inventory and handling procedures training
- Valid electroshocking certification
- Valid swiftwater rescue technician training (minimum Level 1)
- First aid with CPR component
- Experience with data management and report preparation
- Exceptional organization, communication, and time management skills
- Experience with QGIS, or other GIS software
We encourage individuals who are passionate about their environmental career and enjoy a team orientated working environment to apply. Enthusiastic and self-motivated candidates who can fill the Senior Biologist role should submit a detailed resume listing valid certifications along with relevant experience and skills.
Please provide a hand-written cover letter that includes salary expectations and availability. Please provide at least two recent professional references.
Email application packages to email@example.com.