Kyle Milburn has 10 years experience conducting fisheries and hydrometric studies in British Columbia. Since 2008, Kyle has worked with as a consultant conducting environmental impact assessments for Independent Power Producers as well as conducting water use plan studies for BC Hydro.
Kyle has worked on countless streams throughout British Columbia and has extensive knowledge in the fields of fisheries resource inventory, fish habitat assessment, in stream flow studies, ramping studies/stranding monitoring, water quality testing and hydrometric installations and measurements.
Kyle has numerous specialty safety certifications and is experienced and comfortable in all outdoor settings. He is extremely comfortable working with students and members of the general public, having previously been employed in the nature based tourism industry as a fishing guide, commercial bear viewing guide, naturalist and certified captain. Kyle has a passion for fish and people.
- “Kyle’s delivery of your Electrofishing course was absolutely top-notch. He is knowledgeable, professional, and most of all, unfailingly cheerful and patient. Our field session was the third in two days, and I got the feeling from Kyle that he would not rather be anywhere else than right there teaching us about zapping fish. He took care to assist with review before the test, ensuring we all had the time we needed to be comfortable with the material. I believe the integrity of your program is superbly represented by this instructor”. Scott Klassen, Biologist, Vanderhoof BC
- “Kyle is well-educated and experienced, and fun to learn from. Really appreciated the real-life experience”. Kevin VanderBoom, Biologist, Vancouver BC
- “Excellent instruction! Really liked the depth of knowledge/experience with a clear and understandable language”. Karenn Bailey, Conservationist, North Vancouver BC
- “Kyle loves what he does, and conveys this to the students. He made this course incredibly fun, entertaining and knowledge-filled”. Dan Klein, Biologist Stantec, Vancouver BC
- “Kyle was awesome”. Aimee Black, Biologist, Stantec Vancouver BC
- “Great course and instructors. Kyle is knowledgeable, enthusiastic and encouraging”. JoAnne Fisher, Lands Manager, Ktunaxa Nation Council, Cranbrook BC
- “Wonderful hands on learning! Kyle was an excellent instructor, and ensured everyone maximized their learning and experience. These are valuable skills that will help advance my career”. Leigh Anne White, Fisheries Technician, Port Alberni, B.C.
Events this person is involved with:
- Fish Habitat Assessment Level One - April 7th (Online), 13th, 14th (North Vancouver, BC.)
- Snorkel Survey Techniques October 12th (Online) & November 3rd (Courtenay)
- Fish Habitat Assessment Level One - October 19th (Online), 24th, 25th (North Vancouver, BC.)
- Fisheries Field Skills: Courtenay, February 21-24 and February 27-March 3, 2023
- Fish Habitat Assessment Level One - March 8th (Online), 9th, 10th (Courtenay)
- Electrofishing Certification - Online (self-paced) & Courtenay, 14th February 2023
- Snorkel Survey Techniques - October 12th (Online) & October 27th (Courtenay)
- Electrofishing Certification - Online (self-paced) & Courtenay, 31st October 2023
- Electrofishing Certification - Online (self-paced) & Courtenay, 13th February, 2024
- Fisheries Field Skills Certificate Program: Courtenay, April 22-26 and April 29-May 3, 2024