Format: Online and field training
Enhance skills and capability in an interactive five-day applied training program about introductory research and sampling skills in the field of archaeology and heritage resources. Learn effectual site identification, data, and site recording procedures, as well as survey design and procedures.
- Describe how archaeological inventory projects are conducted in British Columbia
- Conduct field orienteering and navigation
- Interpret maps and plot locations
- Identify and interpret environmental conditions and settings
- Conduct standard data recording procedures
- Utilize maps to accurately record site features and materials
- Conduct a standard archaeological field survey
- Identify archaeological sites, including; traditional use areas, and cultural features and materials (including culturally-modified trees)
- Identify and apply the Heritage Conservation Act
- Operate and maintain survey equipment effectively, efficiently and accurately
- Identify natural and cultural forces that create and impact archaeological sites.
- Identify unique sites and describe cultural materials and features
- Conduct and record surveys on surface collections.
- Interpret and record field data onto an archaeological site form
- Protect culturally-sensitive areas prior to and during resource development or extraction activities
- Develop an awareness of Human Burial concerns and protocols
This Course Includes
- Certified RISC (Resources Information Standards Committee) Technician registration
- Certificate of completion signed/endorsed by the BC Archaeology Branch
- Free, lifetime access
- Suitable outdoor clothing
- Bag lunch
- Own transportation each day
Check out our FAQs on equipment.
Next Available Course
There are no upcoming courses for RISC Archaeology & CMT Training at this time, please check back again in the future or view our course schedule for more options.
For inquiries on this course, please contact NRTG at: 1-877-388-2172 or email@example.com
Log in below to complete the survey and apply for your certificate.