19 October 2022 - 25 October 2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
“Course dates: October 19th (online), October 24 and 25th (field based).
The Fish Habitat Assessment (FHA) – Level One course is an intensive, ‘hands-on’, online and field-based review of standard North American fish and fish habitat assessment and evaluation methods. In this course, participants will learn first-hand how to conduct measurements, assessments and evaluations of stream morphology, fish habitat features, substrate, pebble counts, stream impacts, and habitat limiting factors.
By the end of this course, participants will have the knowledge and skills to conduct a wide variety of standard and quantitative fish habitat assessments common to Canada and North America. These assessment types include:
- B.C.’s 1:20,000 Fish and Fish Habitat Inventory
- B.C.’s Fish Habitat Assessment Procedure (FHAP)
- Alberta’s QAES Fish Habitat Assessments
- The ‘Ontario Stream Assessment Protocol (OSAP)’
- Fish Passage/Stream Crossing Assessment(s)
- American Fisheries Society (AFS) Fish Habitat Assessment standards and procedures