The three-day Wetland Restoration Techniques provides students with knowledge of wetland ecology and the technical skills to successfully implement a wetland restoration project. This course includes live online instruction, group activities and discussions, and a final project. Students will also learn how to assess the status of wetlands, develop restoration plans, and write wetland restoration reports.
- Describe the role of wetlands in maintaining water quality, flood control, and biodiversity.
- Identify the principles of wetland restoration.
- Conduct a wetland restoration plan to national standards.
- Determine wetland status by conduct a biological, physical, and chemical assessment.
- Develop restoration plans based on ecological value.
- Comply with federal legislation regarding wetland restoration.
- Develop wetland restoration reports.
- Structure and evaluate successful wetland restoration plans.
This Course Includes
- Free, lifetime access
Participants are required to supply their own computer and have a stable internet connection to access live lessons on a web-based learning platform. Writing supplies for taking notes are also recommended.
Check out our FAQs on equipment.
- There are no formal pre-requisites. A working knowledge of wetland ecology and hydrology is beneficial but not mandatory.
Next Available Course
|Wetland Restoration Techniques - Online, June 10-12, 2024
|June 10, 2024 - June 10, 2024
|For inquiries on this course, please contact NRTG at:
Log in below to complete the survey and apply for your certificate.