The three-day fully online Water Quality Assessment and Management course provides students with in-demand knowledge and skills required to assess water quality and manage water quality programs. The online instruction includes detailed case studies and group activities, where students learn how to identify environmental and habitat factors that influence and impact water quality, determine the appropriate scale of assessment needed, conduct water quality assessments in flowing water, lakes, and wetlands, and develop detailed and accurate water quality assessment reports.
- Conduct a water quality assessment to national standards.
- Identify the criteria and rationale employed to conduct a water quality assessment.
- Identify the biological, physical, and chemical indicators for water quality.
- Interpret and apply water quality assessment federal legislation.
- Determine when to conduct a rapid and intensive water quality assessment.
- Identify where and why a water quality assessment is needed.
- Identify the key water quality assessment report components.
- Develop a detailed water quality assessment report.
This Course Includes
- Free, lifetime access
Participants are required to supply their own computer and have a stable internet connection to access live lessons on a web-based learning platform. Writing supplies for taking notes are also recommended.
Check out our FAQs on equipment.
- There are no formal pre-requisites.
Next Available Course
|Water Quality Assessment and Management - Online, March 12-14, 2024
|March 12, 2024 - March 12, 2024
|For inquiries on this course, please contact NRTG at:
Log in below to complete the survey and apply for your certificate.