Format: Online and field training
The Snorkel Survey Techniques (SST) course is a two-day applied review of standard snorkel survey methods. Prepare, plan and utilize safe and efficient snorkel surveys of adult spawning fish and resident juvenile fish. Learn how to conduct a number of applied exercises in BC coastal rivers to grasp first hand effectual practices.
- Identify pre-planning steps and considerations
- Identify who, what, when, where and why considerations for snorkel surveys
- Research and construct a study design
- Conduct standard snorkeling protocols to enumerate adult and juvenile fish
- Identify adult and juvenile fish and habitats
- Contrast standard population estimation techniques
- Conduct population estimation techniques
- Implement snorkel survey and river safety protocols
- Collect and manage snorkel survey field data
This Course Includes
- Free, lifetime access
You are required to supply your own equipment:
- Wet or dry suit
- Gloves (optional but recommended)
Note: These items can be rented at local Dive Shops or other suppliers. You can contact equipment suppliers in advance of this training program and find and secure suitable fitting equipment. Consider wearing suitable under garments and field clothing.
Check out our FAQs on equipment.
Next Available Course
There are no upcoming courses for at this time, please check back again in the future or view our course schedule for more options.
For inquiries on this course, please contact NRTG at: 1-877-388-2172 or firstname.lastname@example.org