Format: Online and field training
Acquire formal training on project design and learn critical considerations for lab/sample-testing protocols, including data interpretation, in this two-day online training program. Learn effective survey design, sample collection, project implementation and reporting.
- Identify limitations and advantages of eDNA, including its use relative to conventional survey methods
- Recognize opportunities where eDNA methods may confer efficiencies, in time and cost, relative to conventional methods.
- Design and conduct an eDNA study and be familiar with field sampling methods and protocol to ensure successful project delivery.
- Identify procedural requirements for safe handling, transport and storage of eDNA samples.
- Identify and meet project requirements, from ‘cradle-to-grave’ including considerations for primer development, sample design, project budgeting, implementation and reporting.
- Collect samples efficiently and effectively
- Conduct sample collection field skills for lotic and lentic environments
- Identify critical reporting requirements to ensure accuracy and transparency
This Course Includes
- Free, lifetime access
Access to a computer and the Internet.
Check out our FAQs on equipment.
Next Available Course
There are no upcoming courses for Environmental DNA (eDNA) Methods at this time, please check back again in the future or view our course schedule for more options.
For inquiries on this course, please contact NRTG at: 1-877-388-2172 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Log in below to complete the survey and apply for your certificate.