Format: Online (Subject to change)
In this one-day course, acquire the key skills in interpreting and applying regulations, and planning and conducting amphibian and reptile salvages. You will learn topics, such as capturing and handling techniques, species identification, considerations when relocating salvaged individuals, and best practices for preventing disease transfer. This course is offered in two formats: fully online (November to March) and online with a field component (March to November). Currently, the course is only offered online.
- Design and plan salvage projects for herptiles
- Identify species of reptiles and amphibians (BC specific but can be modified to accommodate other areas)
- Select the equipment needed
- Manage the risk of contamination and disease transfer
- Apply species and habitat specific salvage techniques
- Develop efficient data sheets for recording and reporting results
- Communicate with clients and regulators to complete effective salvage projects
This Course Includes
- Free, lifetime access
Access to a computer and the Internet
Check out our FAQs on equipment.
Next Available Course
|Amphibian and Reptile Salvage Methods (Online) March 12-13 2024
|March 12, 2024 - March 12, 2024
|For inquiries on this course, please contact NRTG at:
Log in below to complete the survey and apply for your certificate.