Format: Online (Subject to change)
In this two-day course, receive instruction to perform efficient, effective, and ecologically responsible nest sweeps for breeding birds. You will understand the regulatory and environmental drivers behind nest sweeping, including species-specific tips and tricks, techniques, and key information on avian biology. This course is offered in two formats: fully online (November to March) and online with a field component (March to November). Currently, the course is only offered online.
- Develop an appropriate plan for conducting nest sweeps
- Identify common types of nests and birds
- Select the equipment needed for Avian surveys
- Apply species and habitat specific survey techniques
- Develop efficient data sheets for monitoring nests and reporting survey results
- Communicate with clients and regulators to complete effective surveys
This Course Includes
- Customizable option
- Free, lifetime access
Access to a computer and the Internet
Check out our FAQs on equipment.
Next Available Course
|Avian Nest Sweeps and Monitoring Methods - Online - April 9-10, 2024
|April 9, 2024 - April 9, 2024
|For inquiries on this course, please contact NRTG at:
Log in below to complete the survey and apply for your certificate.